ResearchIntern – District-scale Infrastructure Research
Disney China Research is looking for a creative,proactive, and detail-oriented intern to support the district-scale urbandesign and infrastructure planning research project. This intern will help to developcomponents within a larger design optimization workflow, to develop and testthe implementation of automated design processes and tools on urban layout andinfrastructure plan. Primary responsibilities include data collection andanalysis, model and script development, and report preparation. This positionrequires frequent and deep interactions among team members to communicateacross diverse backgrounds. This is a short-term, full time position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Read related articles anddocuments and provide thoughtful responses to discuss with team
2. Generate components of anautomated design workflow, test and refine
3. Generate design concepts to incorporateinto integrated whole
4. Document and present materials generatedduring internship
5. Handle and protect confidentialand sensitive data with integrity
Skills and Abilities
1. Proficiency with urbanplanning, architecture, energy engineering or water treatment system planningconcepts and processes.
2. Ability to communicate andcollaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment.
3. Time commitment to participatethroughout the program.